In order to provide better technical classroom support, use of the UGLC is primarily restricted to university classes (with an assigned CRN). Use of UGLC facilities for university or public events can only be requested by campus departments and organizations. Requests will only be considered if the Union, the El Paso Natural Gas Conference Center, or other venues on campus are unavailable for the desired dates. Fees are assessed for all non-regularly scheduled events. Prior to requesting use of UGLC facilities, please check the availability of alternative venues through the Union Scheduling Office (915-747-5177) and the Registrar Scheduling Office (915-747-5100).
Submitting a Request:
- Check with the Union Scheduling Office (915-747-5177) and the Registrar Scheduling Office (915-757-5100) for availability of venues outside the UGLC.
- Request a UGLC Building Use Request Form (915-747-8772).
- Complete the UGLC Building Use Request form and return by:
- Campus mail to: UGLC Room 308 – Attn: Building Services Coordinator
- or fax to: 915-747-5350
- Requests must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the event to allow for scheduling of technical support personnel.
- You will be notified of the denial/approval of your request 48 hours of receipt of your completed request form.
- No events will be scheduled during holidays or during scheduled building maintenance.
Fees and Payment:
- Complete the UGLC Building Use Request form to determine the charges for your event.
- A department account number must be provided at the time the request is submitted.
- Payment will be transacted electronically with a VT5 four (4) working days prior to the event.
- 72-hours notice of cancellation or rescheduling must be given for fees to be refunded.
Food and Beverage Policy:
- No food or drinks are allowed in auditoriums, classrooms, or computer labs.
- Bottled water must be kept inside backpack/book bag.
- Food and drinks are only allowed in building open areas (lobby, corridor, and rotunda).
- During special events, the host department will be responsible for the supervision of any food or drinks offered during the event.
Other Useful Contacts/Information:
- The furniture in the auditoriums, classrooms, and lobby may not be moved to accommodate events.
- For catering services, contact Sodexho Marriott (915-747-7460).
- UGLC does not provide tables or chairs for events.
- Make arrangements in advance with UTEP Facilities Services (915-747-7187) to have tables and chairs delivered and picked up.
- Make arrangements in advance with UTEP Facilities Services (915-747-7187) to have custodial services provide support during and after the event.
- All computers have internet access, Microsoft Office 2007 (PC) and Office 2008 (MAC). A complete list of software is available upon request.
Special Use Rooms